This patch continues the icon re-work introduced a few patches ago. Building construction icons have now been replaced with 3d versions that appear at location you enter a structures trigger. These changes also include clearer icons for rotating structures, better looking custom building icons and more. Stealth icon was also re-worked, now the eye will appear either unfilled or filled when you are visible/out in the open. We also adjusted stealth values, being in a bush should now make you more hidden than before and being in the open with a light source out will make you more visible. Enemy a.i. Has also been modified to now see your flashlight at night.
For cave’s we’ve added new drip particle effects, there are also new rain particles using a refractive shader and a few other missing particle effects have been added
The placeholder boar model has been replaced with a newly made model/texture! We also added some new multiplayer hair variations in. Along with this we fixed a bunch of player, multiplayer and enemy bugs for the full list view:
We planned to include dedicated server support this patch, but had some last minute issues. We have set next patch to be much shorter than our usual 2 week cycle and plan to release a first pass of dedicated server support then.
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub
- Added new home icon UI to tree houses
- Updated boar model + texture
- Players no longer intersect each other when sitting on a bench
- (Multiplayer) Only 2 players can sit on a bench at one time now
- Fixed enemies sometimes losing texture/material when killed
- Added look around animations when players are sitting on a bench or chair
- Weapons are now put away when sitting on a bench
- New stealth meter icon
- New unlock door icon (when door is locked)
- Reduced amount of hits needed to chop down maple trees
- Tweaked stealth values, player is now more visible when holding a light
- New construction UI
- Players can no longer spam jump to get up vertical cliff faces around the world
- Enemies will now react to seeing the players torch light at night and in caves
- Player now collects turtle meat when skinning a turtle, leaving the shell behind
- Fixed wrong attack animation sometimes playing when attacking with a bird on player hand
- Fixed some rocks around cave entrances being climbable with climbing axe
- New procedural buildings UI icons
- (Multiplayer) Fixed coop player sometimes falling through the floor when activating certain cutscenes in the end game
- (Multiplayer) Fixed clients sometimes not seeing many birds compared to host
- (Multiplayer) Fixed dropping logs as client sometimes shooting the player up into the air
- Fixed dynamic objects getting stuck underneath newly built gardens, causing player to be knocked into the air when walked over
- Roof ghost now turns red during the lock height phase while height isn’t valid
- Fixed unlocking bridge anchors with right click
- Added new rain refractive particle, and new cave drips
- (Audio)Further tuned audio to work better in surround sound
- (Audio) Fixed modern axe playing incorrect impact sound when hitting plane wreckage.
- (Audio) Tuned existing arrow impact sounds and added new arrow impact sounds for animals and mutants.
- (Audio) Added new arrow impact sounds for when arrows hit bushes, small trees and water surfaces.
- (Audio) Fixed mutant corpses playing wood foots and impact sounds when walked over and hit with various weapons.
- (Audio) Tuned volume for paddling sound event when on rafts and house boats.
- Fixed cases of dropped logs flying off when dropped close to other physics objects
- Improved collision on log sled when full of logs
- Added new hair to player crawling forward during coop plane crash cutscene
- (Multiplayer) Fixed amount of chops need to fell trees being different in multiplayer compared to singleplayer
- Added foam and splash particles when moving through water on rafts
- Fixed rabbit cage icons remaining visible if it gets destroyed while looking at it
- Fixed interacting with bonfire with nothing in the right hand
- Added a failsafe in case inventory was saved with some missing/destroyed inventory views so that it keeps functioning regardless
- Players can no longer climb through each other when climbing ropes
- Improved lod on plane cockpit and fixed some placement/texture issues with cockpit/pilots
- Fixed player movement getting locked sometimes when grabbling log sled while eating meat
- (Multiplayer) Fixed other players flares visible over survival book
- Fixed caged rabbits having synchronized animation
- Fixed cases of tortoises spawning underwater in north area of map
- (Multiplayer) Fixed wall toggle addition icon out of sync with current wall addition
- Fixed holders possibly leaving icons active behind after being destroyed
- (Multiplayer) Added 3 hair style variations to the original character
- (Multiplayer) Fixed toy parts and toy full positioning in tray
- Fixed Sapling 5 vertex colours
- Added a failsafe to ensure missing repair tool icon goes off when looking away from the structure
- (Multiplayer) Fixed restarting an endgame co-op session without restarting the game causing the endgame keypad door to not open for others
- (Multiplayer) Added clean up when finishing the game that should help with out of memory crashes that occurred when loading the epilogue