This patch was focused on a ton of bug fixes, polish, optimizations and some anticipated dedicated server features.
For memory, we’ve switched a bunch of items to use asset bundles. This should lower overall runtime memory, keeping unique items out of memory until needed. This should also speed up load times and help prevent out of memory crashes.
We’ve done a ton of polish work on caves 1,2 and 4, fixing small holes, gaps you can get stuck in, floating items, and also cleaned up a bunch of item placements.
For the UI we have continued the re-work of the options menus, reworked the assign buttons menu, added in the new style MP menu’s and added better dark backing to ingame options to make items easier to see. Additionally we made some large performance improvements on the ingame UI tutorial display which were previously using a bunch of CPU just to display message updates.
For audio, we added in a new system that will change how things sound depending on if you are inside a built structure or outside, making the audio feel way more immersive. This is especially noticeable if you are inside a structure whilst it’s raining outside!
We added gibbing to all animals, so now if you blow them up you get a pretty gory result. We also improved the boar and crocodile a.i. Which should make them more aggressive and dangerous. We fixed some cases of birds flying underground, and fixed all animals not reacting to thrown rocks or low damage weapons.
Some of the building improvements include ability to now place baskets on top of built tables! Weapon racks now spawning the held weapons if the rack is destroyed, and the catapult now using the same item placement system as all other systems (you no longer need to be holding an item to place it in the thrower)
We’ve made more progress on languages, adding partial support for Japanese, Korean and Portuguese, as well as adding full support for Chinese, German and Russian. Note: languages should still be considered experimental and there are some bugs where some keys may still appear in english at times but we hope to fix these issues soon.
For multiplayer, we fixed a bug where suitcases would disappear if host went into a cave whilst client was outside a cave, synced sleep time to all players in a multiplayer game and added new hair variations for one of the character types.
For dedicated servers we added the ability to launch using any existing cheats or game options, such as vegetarian mode, tree re-growing on/off etc
Along with this there are a bunch more bug fixes and tweaks, full list below.
If you are running a dedicated server, you will need to restart your server with the latest version to be compatible with this patch release.
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub
- Fixed home icon not going away if trigger is active while it gets destroyed
- Fixed crouch mode inverted when opening options menu
- Fixed procedural bridges not registering damage when hit
- Fixed tree sap collector ghost construction hammer position
- Fixed error in multiplayer when hitting bushes or water zones with arrows
- It is now possible to jump when placing ghost buildings with a gamepad
- Switched stick marker and sled flag icons to new system (same has house icon on shelters). On the first time loading an old save it tries to match the former color to the closest available color
- Fixed UI switch widget sometimes wrongly bringing up the list when it should just update the currently shown icon
- Improved differentiation between green & blue overlay icons color in world
- Fixed birds not being set on fire when shot with flare gun
- Fixed enemies playing trapped animation when loading a game with enemies caught in a noose trap
- Fixed animals not reacting to being struck by thrown rocks or low damage weapons
- Fixed birds sometimes flying underneath the ground
- (UI) Grey panels in options now light up when hovered
- Fixed missing combine prompt for some items when backpack is on the crafting mat to assign items to quick select
- Fixed spears and arrows not sticking into fig trees
- Fixed repair hammer sometimes not responding properly if used while equip animation is still playing
- Improved collision mesh on logs
- Improved selection mesh of bone armour pieces in inventory
- Caves – Pass on Cave 1 holes and items placement.
- (Multiplayer) Fixed dirt piles remaining in world if owning garden gets destroyed
- Fixed item inventory tooltip issues with broken toy, feathers, flintlock, Gun parts, blueberry and coneflower seeds, deer skin and leaves
- Crocodiles can now attack players standing directly behind them, and will generally attack more often
- (Multiplayer) Fixed repairing structures on Large Raft launching player into air
- Fixed pressing R on fires with nothing but cash in inventory causing the widget to rotate continuously
- Fixed right hand equipped item reverting to default weapon when passing through non rope caves entrances
- Fixed loading a save with chainsaw fuel fully depleted not updating the fuel UI properly
- (Multiplayer) Dead backpack now preserves item bonuses such as fire, poison or bone arrows
- Replaced old repair & log needed display with a new circular widget
- Fixed player stats being affected by armsy knocking down trees
- Fixed boars not moving at all after being hit
- Caves – Pass on Cave 4 holes and item placement
- (UI) Updated look of MP screen to match the new UI design
- Fixed boar attacks sometimes not connecting properly with player
- Fixed some cases of sfx not playing when using repair tool at distance from structures
- Hybrid buildings (using a preplaced structure combined with procedural foundations, i.e. the gazebo) now properly account for both the structure and the foundation repair hit & log requirement before allowing the repair to complete
- Fixed excessive snapping distance when placing procedural walls & fences near other walls
- Fixed plane axe using wrong icon during hanging scene
- Custom rope now validate anchor height before enabling the icon so that only working anchors are advertised
- All animals now explode into chunks when hit by explosives
- Reduced chance of player doing unintentional ground attacks when attacking enemies standing downhill of player
- Fixed proximity check for several structures ghosts (so it cannot be placed within trees)
- (Multiplayer) Fixed gun ammo respawning on client cache when loading.
- (Multiplayer) Fixed clients not seeing trapped fish in caves.
- Effigies now properly use the new light fire icon
- Included missing dust effects in most structures
- Effigies can now be repaired (preserving the on fire state)
- Arrow and bone baskets can now be placed on tables!
- Bottom collision of procedural wall windows is no longer thicker than the model, fixing nested structure like wall planter placing visibly away from the wall
- (Multiplayer) Trapped fishes are now synced correctly between players
- (Audio) Updated physics sfx on items in endgame area.
- (Audio) Added new rock debris audio emitter in collapsed walkway leading to endgame office areas
- Contents of catapult’s basket is now saved
- Repairing catapult no longer clears out the content of its item holder
- (Translation) Improved support for missing keys in translations files, labels now retain previous value for missing keys, if a font for a language isn’t installed (or the game cannot reach it) the language won’t be listed in options
- (Translation) Added Chinese, German and Russian (all keys)
- (Translation) Added Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (WIP, only 284 first keys)
- After destroying a weapon rack, stored items are spawned and can be picked up
- Suitcases no longer disappear when host is in cave and clients out
- Player is no longer launched into the air, when destroy a bridge
- Players next sleep time is now synced in multiplayer
- Fixed some incorrect USE/TAKE naming on various inventory items
- Fixed passenger manifest being invisible if players tried to take it for the first time from a saved game
- Fixed deer and rabbit skin ghosts becoming invisible if placed on ground
- Fixed some areas in world with incorrect collision allowing players to float/walk above terrain
- (Audio) Added new audio system for inside structures! Audio will now sound differently if you are inside a closed structure or not.
- Fixed some loose ropes in overworld being placed floating above items
- Fixed babies not getting bloody when struck
- Improved look of cannibal village huts and added variation in wood construction
- Fixed marigold, aloe, coneflower and chicory not dropping their world pickup if you have too many in inventory and try to collect them.
- Arrows stuck into fishes and are now retrievable.
- Removed old beach towels.
- Removed unbreakable boxes – now only breakable box will spawn
- Removed loose flares in the world, replaced with more openable flare boxes
- Fixed tree house branch clearing being undone when tree was cut
- New small decorative prop added: captains hat
- Fixed Large raft repair and destroy issues
- (Performance) New asset bundles for improved memory usage. Tennis players, first class passengers, dead frozen bodies, cannibal village tree, Hanging woman Plane bathroom, pilots, cockpit, Anchor, Old boats and hanging bodies now add to memory only when in range
- Fixed issues with dock sometimes being hard or impossible to place even in a valid location
- Fixed destroying unlit effigy while targeting the light trigger leaving the icon active
- Fixed bonuses from upgrades on weapons not properly restored after loading a saved game (retroactive !)
- Added new backsplash texture to loading screen hint
- Fixed destroying animal trap leaving trapped animals inactive on spot
- Fixed hint text not specifying that ‘lit’ effigies will scare enemies away from camp
- (Multiplayer) Added new hair variations to multiplayer character type
- Added a 15% opacity dark backing behind options to improve readability when background is bright
- Fix weapon rack positions for Flare Guns, Flintlocks, Tennis Rackets, Katanas and Upgraded Spears.
- (DS) New command line options: -veganmode, -vegetarianmode, -resetholesmode, -treeregrowmode, -allowbuildingdestruction, -allowenemiescreative
- (DS) New config file options: veganMode <on|off>, vegetarianMode <on|off>, resetHolesMode <on|off>, treeRegrowMode <on|off>, allowBuildingDestruction <on|off>, allowEnemiesCreativeMode <on|off>
- (DS) New admin commands: /treeregrowmode <on|off>, /allowbuildingdestruction <on|off>, /allowenemiescreative <on|off>
- (DS) Added -configfilepath <filePath> command line option, if target file doesn’t exists it tries to create it with the default values
- (Performance) Lowered CPU usage of building placer system
- Fixed blood not being cleaned off weapons if they got bloody during rain. Previously would only clean off if bloody when rain started
- Fixed lighter in inventory using old version of lighter art compared to held version
- (Audio) Fixed Swinging rabbits, fish,lizard, bones, tennis racket, turtle shell and lizard missing whoosh sound effect when swung
- (Multiplayer) Fixed some underwater particles being visible for players who died in water on respawn
- (Multiplayer) Fixed foundation built in caves not working properly for clients
- (UI) Updated control remapping screen to new design, also fixes some issues introduced last patch
- (UI) Increased size of the main UI font asset (improves crispness)
- Fixed chainsaw missing icon in the weapon rack UI widget
- Fixed cave ground not properly initializing down cave 1’s sinkhole ledge
- (Optimization) Improved CPU performance of the on screen tutorial messages
- Fixed a water area in cave 1 that was missing it’s trigger making it not swimmable
- (Multiplayer) Arrows in birds and animals should now be visible and retrievable by both players
- Grabbing items from food holders and skin rack type of storage while full will now attempt to drop the item on ground if a pickup exists for that item
- It is now possible to add items to the catapult by choosing which item through the UI like other holders
- (DS) Fixed catapult not working at all in dedicated servers
- Catapult now filters out all weapons (flintlock, stick upgraded etc cannot be added to catapult holder but simple sticks & rocks can for example)
- Repair log requirements must now be fulfilled before performing the repairs with the repair tool
- (Multiplayer) Fixed foundation with collapsed chunks not properly initialized for late joining clients causing collapsed chunks to be there for the client and leaving client unable to repair it