Due to some last minute bugs with saving, today’s 0.16 patch release has to be delayed by 24hrs! We will release tomorrow at 3PM PDT instead of today. (please ignore ingame timer which still lists the patch as coming later today)
(BTW : The update is AWESOME)
Here’s is a tiny hotfix for some issues with the new boars, and a small drowning fix.
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub.
- Lowered amount of boar in world
- Boar ragdolls now correctly turn off after time
- killing an animal causes a delay before animal is respawned into world
- Additional visual/performance optimizations to deer and boar ragdolls
- Fixed bug where dying from drowning would be instant instead of gradual
We have a slightly smaller patch this week, as in the background we’ve also been getting The Forest up and running in Unity 5!
Upgrading to Unity 5 will provide a massive visual and performance increase for everyone, We’re really excited for you guys to see how the world looks with the better deferred renderer, and improved lighting/shading. We’re planning on officially switching to unity 5 for this next upcoming patch (0.16) which will be out in 28 days!
For this current patch we’ve introduced a new aggressive animal to the world (wild pig) along with some new buildings, improved bow and arrow, a first pass at wall decorations and numerous other fixes and improvements all listed below.
Also, weapon upgrade saving now works!
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub.
This patch is compatible with old saves, however if you notice anything extra strange start a fresh game to make sure everything is up to date
Version 0.15 Changelog:
- Fixed bug where raft would no longer float
- Fixed bug where arm effigy wouldn’t be lightable
- Lowered damage drinking polluted water does to players
- Added hint text to dying screen about finding pots at camp sites
- Added sheen highlight to pot pickup to make it easier to find
- Turtle Shell now fits in backpack !
- Holding pot while it rains now fills it with water
- Enemy bodies can now be transported via the log holder! (SP only)
- Fixed bug where player could sometimes climb down rope out of world if tree house was placed on a slope
- Spider lady a.i. improvements and additional animations added. Now has more attacks, can jump attack, can dodge players. Will react to explosions and can be killed with 2-3 bombs now.
- Fixed FMOD bug that would cause memory to climb up over time
- Animal footstep sound effects added!
- Fixed held plane axe upgrade visuals positioning
- Fixed booze upgrade visuals
- Fixed loading upgrades from saved games (not retro-active)
- There is now a limit to the total amount of upgrades per item (currently set to 30 for all weapons. You can choose to have either 30 teeth or 10 teeth + 20 Feathers, or 10 teeth + 10 Feathers + 10 booze etc)
- Visual added to show item upgrades distribution when crafting upgrade recipes
- Bonus per upgrade now decays as you use a single upgrade type
- Dying no longer resets fullness to zero
- Collision fixes/improvements for caves
- New item/weapon added: Climbing axe! (check caves!)
- New climbable (with climbing axe) cliff rock added to overworld (currently limited to only 1 type of cliff rock)
- New climbable area added to cave 2
- Fixed bugs that would sometimes cause log sled to fall through world. log sled should now collide with boulders and cliffs. Fixed log sled audio playing drop noise when in its trigger or being pushed. Log sled now casts a shadow
- New art added: Hanging skull lamp
- New art added: Skull floor pile
- New art added: terrified skeletons (check deep caves)
- New art added: (removed*SPOILER* – Check deep caves)
- New art added: Eerie tribal fishing stands
- New art added: Cannibal village props (small cages, fire pits)
- (multiplayer) Fixed sitting on bench not lining up correctly
- Tree sap, skulls, blue and orange paints are now part of the construction system
- New buildable item: Skull lamp
- New buildable item: Deer Skin Decoration (as floor carpet or hanging on walls)
- New buildable item: Skull wall Decoration
- New buildable item: Arrow Target – shoot arrows and improve your aim!
- New buildable item: Bed! build inside a custom building to allow saving and sleeping
- New system added (rough) Player point at map. When holding map in cave player will point to his current rough location
- When the game is already started and an MP invite arrives, player can now choose to either start a new game or continue with his saved MP character
- Drowning now causes instant death, without respawn in cave
- Fixed underwater bar appearing before character’s head is underwater
- Fixed hydration icon fill values not set properly after loading a saved game at full thirst
- Player can now suffer brief knock down and damage from explosions
- Bow and arrow improvements! will no longer fly through enemies without damaging them. Arrows now stick in trees and other static objects correctly. Arrow pick up icon added and better positioning, and will now turn on pick up trigger when it sticks to any object
- (multiplayer) Water Collector now works for clients in MP games
- (multiplayer) Fixed infinite item/log from holder buildings in MP
- (multiplayer) Fixed bug where Sometimes when someone else completes a build, it says it still needs materials, then just eats the materials.
- (multiplayer) Fixed issues with some built buildings not working correctly for all players.
- (multiplayer) Fixed bug where clients could be kicked from host after 5-10 minutes
- (multiplayer) Fixed bug where after being kicked out by the server, every single door placed in world would duplicate
- (multiplayer)Fixed bug where items from cabinet/racks/shelves could vanish when host ends session, at random, or on loading the game.
- Dead bodies around world no longer respawn after being picked up/moved when moving back near them
- New creature added: Wild pig!
For this patch we’ve added a bunch of performance improvements for both the multiplayer and single player modes. All of our tests machines here (both NVIDIA and AMD) are seeing big improvements. We hope to have also drastically improved lag overtime issues in both multiplayer and single player.
We’ve also added a first pass at some more indepth survival mechanics. Thirst has been added, and eating has been made more important as it will not only affect your energy levels, but will eventually kill you. Stay cold enough for long enough and you will eventually freeze to death. Dive too long underwater and you’ll drown.
As well as lots more stuff all listed below – most importantly though, rabbits now scream when you kill them, and you can finally kill cook and eat the turtles! *(and take their shell to use as a shield/weapon)
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub.
- (Custom Building)Procedural foundations now auto fill with experimental floor making structures simpler to build.
- (Custom Building)Added valid angle & distance gizmo to Foundations, Floors, Walls and Roofs
- (Custom Building)Added option to auto fill points of walls, and roofs from in snapping range (press C)
- (Custom Building)Added no wall option to experimental walls segment rotation
- (Custom Building)New buildable item: Experimental Roof! Once placed aim upwards to select height. This means it is now possible to build complete structures!
- Reduced log cost of foundations for all buildings
- Added monitoring system to alert players if their save game has been corrupted beyond repair
- Save script now uses the grabber system (adding items to item holder next to a shelter no longer saves the game unexpectedly)
- Fix for vanishing items in weapon/explosive rack when picking up items while already having the max amount
- Fixed white log with missing texture in world
- Fixed bug where breaking apart coneflower would spawn a broken chicory plant
- Cave stalagmites now have collision
- Lethal starvation system ! Be aware of your food supplies as staying hungry too long will eventually cause you harm.
- Lethal thirst system ! Stay hydrated and healthy by finding a clear water source every day, failing this may result in death.
- Lethal frost system ! Cold will now eventually kill you. When you feel yourself shaking and the screen frosting over, build a fire!
- New buildable item: Rain Water collector. Requires 4 sticks, 1 turtle shell.
- New item: Carryable pot. Found at campsites around world. Can be used to boil dirty water.
- Can now drink at ponds and lakes. Ponds can be polluted and thus require water to be boiled.
- Blue berries now give small amount of water
- Fixed bug that would block an explosive holder slot when attempting to place a small rock/tennis ball on it
- Fixed bug that caused the full screen to turn frozen after having a lag spike or pressing alt-tab while being cold
- (audio) Added timeout before re-triggering ‘Sighted by enemy’ sfx to avoid issue where it’s called dozens of times in a row as new enemies see you
- (audio)Startle, hit and die sounds added for deer, rabbits, raccoons and squirrels
- (audio)Advanced tree wind effect added! Tree leaves will rustle as you move past them.
- Fov slider added to options menu!
- Dead mutants will sometimes have loot (meds, chocolate bars, soda)
- Fixed bug where explosives wouldn’t affect distorted enemies
- Rope trap now requires rope to construct
- Improved regular mutant reactions to explosions
- Increased inventory bomb carry limit to 5
- New buildable item: Trip wire explosive!
- Survival book traps pages reorganization. New small traps section (moved rabbit trap here, and renamed to ‘animal trap’ Food section in book renamed to Food and Water and water collector moved to old position of rabbit trap.
- Home & yellow hammer overlay icons now disabled while in caves
- Added option to always disable home & yellow hammer overlay icons to options menu
- Any object that can’t be stashed now has G to Drop hint
- (multiplayer) Fixed issue where lizard armor wouldn’t show up for other players
- (multiplayer) Fixed player climb rope animation not showing for other players
- (multiplayer) Fixed Log sled position and contents not syncing correctly
- (multiplayer) Fixed bug where after time passes player avatar moves away from actual player location, while players name stays with players true location.
- (multiplayer) Fixed Issue with screen re-positioning and orientation bugs that could occur after time
- (multiplayer) Fixed walls disappearing after too many placed
- Enemies will now switch to a burnt material when set on fire
- New item added: Rebreather! Equip to dive underwater (there are several hidden throughout world)
- New recipe added: Waterskin, 2x deer skin, 1 x rope
- Bombs will now also explode dead bodies
- Optimized fish a.i. and fixed some instances of no fish appearing in ponds
- all animals can be killed with explosives now
- Player can now swim underwater for a brief period of time (look for rebreather to swim underwater longer)
- New item added: Turtle shell! Can be taken from killed beach turtles. May be used in crafting structures or as a makeshift shield to block attacks! (or even as a weapon)
- Turtles now provide 2 delicious pieces of generic meat
- Improved various bugs with noose trap
- Fixed issue that would eventually cause a massive lag after burning trees down
- Optimized a bunch of physics objects over time. Should fix general performance slow down after cutting down hundreds of trees and plants.
- Optimized billboard script to improve cpu usage by roughly 10%
- Improved cave physics use – which was causing some major performance issues even outside caves.
- Optimized work scheduler to reduce lag spikes in greeble intensive areas (areas with large concentration of ferns)
- Timer on title screen switches to yellow text that reads NEW PATCH RELEASING TODAY when time runs out (just in case we miss deadline by a few hours like last patch)
We accidentally set the patch release time to 2AM PST Vancouver time! The 0.14 release is really exciting, it has a big bash of performance improvements, new sounds for animals, a rebreather and underwater diving, as well as adding the new thirst gameplay system along with starvation and improved cold systems- however the time it should be set to release is 2PM on the 25th! (tomorrow afternoon) Not 2AM! as it’s currently set. So the in game counter will be off by a few hours.
We’ve added an extra fix to the clock to stop this happening again in future, sorry to anyone who was expecting it at 2AM. (or waiting up for it!)
The Team at Endnight
Fix for broken saved games (dark shadows, no time passing, sleeping at shelters broken and lots of other bugs in corrupt save games, along with low performance due to error spam)
Note: Any new saved games started last night or early this morning will possibly be corrupted. If you notice dark shadows, no ambient light or other weird glitches, start a fresh save to make sure your game is up to date.
We’ve also had some reports of lag increasing over time in multiplayer games, however we think it may somewhat be related to this save load issue. If you are still experiencing this after this patch, please let us know at Discussions area of the Community Hub
Thanks again everyone!
This patch gives players the ability to chop up bodies into individual parts – no more bodies exploding when you hit them!
We’ve also done a major pass at multiplayer optimization. Enemies should be less jittery for clients and both clients and servers should have a much smoother experience. Our microphone system has been revamped to use almost no cpu and also not cause those annoying memory stutters every few seconds.
New buildable items have been added to the survival book: a weapon rack, snack cupboard, bomb holder and medicine holder. In single player you can store your items at your base. In multiplayer you can use these holders to trade items with other players.
Caves this month have seen a lot of work, and Dead Cave in particular has seen a major overhaul. More interesting areas to explore, more items to find.
Finally, we’ve added a first pass at procedural floors. Along with procedural walls, and foundations these will eventually provide the building blocks to allow you to build any type of structure you want. Next patch will finally include custom ceilings!
There’s also a lot more added, all listed below.
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub
Old save games should continue to work, however if you notice anything strange (stranger than normal!) start a fresh game to make sure you are fully up to date.
0.13 Changelog –
- Armsy combat improvements – can now turn around quickly, attack to left and right and attack from further away. Will swipe at trees more often. Will react to explosions by staggering backwards.
- Armsy will knock down walls and other structures near player, and will now interact better with dynamic logs/props pushing them away
- Lowered throw force on bomb timed and added friction to rigidbody to reduce hockey puck feel
- Added distance based camera shake when bombs explode!
- Improved look of wood plank barriers – better textures, better break apart chunks
- Wooden planks now have a health value and will take longer to be broken down by a stick versus an axe
- (multiplayer)Added two new player character model variations
- (optimization) Improved Experimental Foundations & Walls memory footprint
- (building) Removed Manual Foundations 4 edges limit, improved visual feedback
- (building) Added closure snapping to manual foundations
- Improved log sled pushing – less jitter and glitches when pushing sled close to other objects
- Changed gazebo floor collider so items can be built on top of it.
- Player can no longer jump while pushing the sled
- Lowered damage from un-upgraded rock weapon
- Added extra checks to stop player falling through world when climbing ropes
- Lowered damage amount molotovs do to Armsy. Setting Armsy on fire will cause him to become enraged, running around or attacking the player
- New dying sound distortion added when player is in grey-zone state
- (audio)rope climbing sound effects added
- (audio)Falling Leaves sound effects added and tuned
- (audio)Fixed bug where bush rustle sound effect would sometimes not play if player was running full speed and at an angle
- Fixed a rare bug that caused the game to get stuck halfway in the loading process
- Fixed trees initializing after black screen removal when loading a saved game
- Slightly larger hit colliders on birds and stick weapon, makes it easier to kill grounded birds with a stick
- Enemy bodies no longer explode when you hit the body after killing them! You can now chop off individual limbs!
- Tree houses now require rope to build
- Cave 2 crayon map drawing with shiny sticker stars on it added as a collectible item. (hint: try and find locations of stars)
- (audio) Music sting added when player is woken up by enemies
- (audio) New music sting added when an important item or location is discovered
- (audio)First pass at Skinny enemy audio added
- Fixed log wall breaking apart rotated incorrectly
- Cave 1- major design re-work. More interesting areas, easier to navigate, more secret areas and items, improved collision.
- Player is no longer able to pick up logs while jumping, swimming, sailing raft or pushing sled
- Equipped logs are now dropped when beginning to swim, sail a raft or push a sled
- Standard enemies can now attack built player walls
- (hopefully) Fixed bug where enemies would sometime appear in t-pose in multiplayer games
- Improved cave 2 entrance visuals
- Random hint texts added to dead screen!
- Removed starfish from caves and other strange places. Will now only appear on beach.
- (multiplayer) New voice chat system! Using microphones/walkie talkies will no longer cause memory allocation and framerate stutters as memory is attempted to be cleaned out.
- (multiplayer)Performance improvements!
- (multiplayer)Fixed delay where log would remain visible for a short period of time even after being picked up by clients
- (multiplayer)Fixed delay between tree falling and breaking into logs for clients
- (multiplayer)Craft audio now plays for each player, you should no longer hear other players craft sfx play from far away
- (multiplayer) fix a bunch more 2d sounds that could be heard by both players at wrong time
- (multiplayer)Major lag improvements for enemies! Enemies will now visually update more often when close to a player
- (multiplayer)Fixed fires not replicating
- (multiplayer)All enemy types now show up in multiplayer games (distorted, pale creatures etc)
- Fixed missing collision on orange tents
- Fixed issues where after climbing rope, it would slightly reposition player making it very easy to fall back into hole or off ledge
- New buildable item: Weapon Rack! Store up to 4 non projectile equipment items
- New buildable item: Snack holder
- New buildable item: Explosives/molotov holder
- New buildable item: Medicine cabinet
- Fixed flare gun not setting enemies on fire
- Getting hit while blocking now drains more stamina
- Block will fail now when hit if you have very low stamina
- Birds are no longer active while inside a cave
- Optimized all animal animators to save cpu performance
- (single player only)New buildable item: Climbing Rope (needs to be hooked to a single Structure Anchor, a minimum distance with floor is required)
- Added Structure Anchors to: Gazebo (2), Log Cabin (2), Platform (2), Extensible Platform (4), StairCase (2) and Wall (2) [retro-active] (you can now attach bridges or rope to these items) (Single player only)
- New cheat code added: ‘vegetarianmode’ enemies only come out at night.
- New cheat code added: ‘meatmode’ cancels the other cheats
- Active cheats now saved locally (Hint: Type meatmode on title screen to cancel active cheats)
- (single player only)New buildable item: (experimental)Procedural Floor (snap on top of foundations, or to procedural walls that are on foundation + floors)
- Can now rotate tree structures while placing them !
- Improved building placement near structures that can be built upon
Todays patch will release at 9PM pst tonight as we sort out some last minute issues!
The team at Endnight
This patch introduces proper Steam multiplayer support. You no longer need to open ports or give people your ip address. Simply click and invite friends or make a public server. Hint: make games private if you don’t want anyone who you haven’t invited to join.
We’ve also improved crafting, added paint, a craftable berry pouch, fixed a bunch of bugs and lots more, all listed below.
Old save games should continue to work, however if you notice anything weird start from a new game to ensure everything is up to date.
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub or send them in to email@example.com.
Version 0.12 Changelog:
- Steam multiplayer! No more manual ip entering or having to open ports! You can now invite friends to play and they can easily join your game through steam!
- MP Client loading added – will now keep client player stats and inventory when client continues a multiplayer game (buildings are still saved on server)
- Improved craft item multiview placement on crafting mat
- New item added: Rabbit skin
- New item added: Rabbit Pouch (can be crafted with 2 rabbit skins)
- New items added: Collectable blueberries, snowberries and twinberries (approach bushes whilst holding rabbit pouch to collect)
- New item added: Blue Paint (can be crafted by combining 2x blueberries with tree sap)
- New item added: Orange Paint (can be crafted by combining 2x Marigold with tree sap)
- New upgrade recipes: Stick/Upgraded Stick + Blue/Orange paint
- New upgrade recipes: Rock/Upgraded Rock + Blue/Orange paint
- New upgrade recipes: Plane Axe + Blue/Orange paint
- New upgrade recipe: LizardSkin + tree sap + 15 Leaves = Stealth armour!
- (audio)New leaf wind rustle and ambient wind sounds zones added
- (performance) Optimized collision on cave wall chunks
- (performance) Added some optimizations to distant enemies, disabling physics checks etc
- (performance) Improved material memory usage in inventory
- (performance)Improved memory usage over time
- Added some small streams to world
- Entering water in caves will now make player cold. (Hint: Build a fire to warm up)
- Entering water at night will also make players cold
- (audio)New cave 2 waterfall sounds added
- Fixed cassette player overlapping pedometer in inventory making it unselectable
- Fixed tree houses not falling when tree is cut down after loading
- Fixed bug where you could build structures in trees which already have something built
- Fixed crash clearing not removing trees on loading a save game (fixing issue where trees would sometimes block exit from plane or from home you’ve built near crash site)
- Fixed bug that caused inventory to stay up when dying while in inventory
- Fixed bug that allowed players to craft items for free after closing inventory while having a valid recipe ready on the crafting mat
- Fixed missing material cave dead ground
- Fixed energy mix inventory info
- Fixed generic meat floating above fire
- Fixed some a.i. issues where enemies would find players almost instantly
- Fixed bug where building would sometimes break near standing fires
- Rock and stick pickups added to caves, along with some new body parts
- Crafting progress bar! You can now see if the items you are adding to the crafting mat are building towards something.
- Crafting recipe output images! You can now see what item you are building towards on crafting mat
- Enemies will now attempt to jump over small player built items (benches etc) instead of getting stuck
- Cave 2 – added sky opening to big lake room letting some light in
- Tree attack animations added to armsy
- Mid and close trees can now be torn up by armsy
- (multiplayer)After being downed in a multiplayer game, player will enter an injured state. In this state they can choose to restart, or wait to be revived by another player. A kind player with medicine can approach downed player and heal them, or a mean player can hit them with a stick.
- (multiplayer) Days survived screen will appear for a few seconds after players are killed and before they can respawn.
- Balanced enemy amounts at night to limit players being swarmed by 15 enemies at a time
- (multiplayer) First bash at performance improvements.
- Increased range animals will spawn from player to avoid pop-in
- Fixed some bugs with enemy pathfinding
- Added a repeat delay for enemies spotting player and screaming
- Increased vision range on enemies slightly
- Fixed bug where placing a building near a fallen log could break the placement orientation
- (multiplayer) Fixed bug where fire would appear overbright for other players who didn’t start fire
- (multiplayer) Increased chat log visibility length and history
- WalkyTalky locking feature removed (can now equip another utility item without stashing it first)
- (audio) Fixed missing underwater sounds
- (audio) Fixed bunch of 2d sounds which could be heard in multiplayer by both players (hammer audio, enter water etc)
- (Multiplayer) Can no longer have more than one set of corpse items waiting to be retrieved. Dying will cause your current items and location to be the corpse items.
- (audio) cave rock sound will now correctly play when walking in caves
- Added more stick, rock and cash pickups to caves
- Fixed bug where opening inventory would sometimes give you a black screen!!!
- (audio)Player jump breath and land sound effects added
- Fixed bug where killing leader of a group could sometimes cause the other members to stand around corpse doing nothing
- Toy robot added to sleeping timmy hand
- Broken toy pickups added to world, along with new examine item animation
- Paper money can now be used in place of leaves to start fires
- Paper money can now be found in some suitcases
- You can now build structures inside caves (although fires are most practical)
Here’s a small fix to some save/load issues we’ve found since the last patch. Corrupt save games from either 0.11 or 0.11a should now be fixed. (We also fixed traps in multiplayer!)
- Fixed error with multiplayer save games sometimes breaking due to racing condition with data fetching in gui.
- Fixed issues with traps (noose, spiked wall, happy birthday) not being buildable in multiplayer games.
- Fixed some issues with single and multiplayer save games when a large amount of buildings were built.